4x4 Magazine was the leader in news and reviews for 4wd/off-roading vehicles of all sizes in Japan. From the 80s all the way through to the 2010s, their reporting of everything from the Toyota Mega Cruiser, to the latest 4wd Kei Truck was top notch. Putting vehilces through the test on long expeditions and providing excellent photographic coverage garnered them an enourmous following.
During this time, they expanded in to other areas including an apparel line. These shirts, vests, jackets, hats, and gear could be mail ordered from the back of any issue they released. Typically featuring their two logo variants (the oval on the chest, and long form design with "Off Road Express" on the rear), each piece was a high quality staple designed to be used while on the trail.
MNFR Part Number: IM025 - 4X4 Magazine Winter Coat
- Used from Japan
- Condition is fair. No rips/tears but graphics are worn.
- Dates to mid 90s
- Front zipper & button closure
- Two front pockets
- Color shifts from Navy to lighter Royal blue depending on light
- Light insulation, good for layering
- Elastic cuffs at sleeves and waist
- Size approx US medium
- 4x4 Magazine circle logo on left chest
- 4x4 Magazine font logo on rear
- 4x4 Magazine logo on hangtag
- 4x4 Magazine metal button snaps